Wednesday 9 January 2013

#1 Best Writing Websites For Teens!

After spending a considerable amount of time researching on the internet, I have created a list of websites that I think are the most useful, well maintained Teen Writing websites on the internet. So without further ado, I shall begin.

1. Wattpad
Wattpad, if you didn't already know, is a writing community where you can post your own stories, read those of others, share book covers/opinions/criticisms, etcetera. This list could go on for quite a while. It is a website made entirely out of unpublished online stories, written by people of all ages (though the majority of it's users are teenagers.) Though you must remember to be vigilant at times, and you must also be able to swallow harsh critiques of your work. But, of course, the people on Wattpad are generally very nice. I found that through the continued usage of this website, my writing skills have improved immensely. Still, it's not all a smooth ride, since the millions of other writers on there are all fighting for a spot on the 'What's Hot List'.

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Link: www.wattpad.com/home

2. Go Teen Writers
This is the most recent website I have visited, and though I haven't been able to analyze it thoroughly, I can tell you that I am very impressed with what I have seen so far. The best thing there is their competitions. They have numerous ones every month or so, and not only do they help you improve your work, but just entering a competition gives me a sense of achievement that I absolutely love. They have a copious amount of writing prompts, that help further your creativity. They also have articles on the in's and out's of the Publishing world, which I have found to be very enlightening. 

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Link: http://goteenwriters.blogspot.co.uk/







No comments:

Post a Comment